The future of customer experience is here, and it is powered by robots.
Once seen as a subject of science-fiction stories, robots have quickly evolved over time at an unprecedented pace. Where five years ago, the technology may have been limited to answering ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to customer questions, today’s advancements offer support ranging from:
- Complex task completion
- Conversational virtual assistants
- Smart digital transformation
While this may sound like something outside of your average business’s wheelhouse, this couldn’t be any further from the truth. In recent years where the future has been shaky for many industries, bot services like Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and chatbots have given them an advantage to not just run a more efficient workplace, but give clients the experience they deserve in this increasingly digital world.
Supercharge your Business Processes with RPA
No matter the industry, back-office operations—think payroll, HR, and administration—are vital. However, with the push to work-from-home in recent years, these repetitive, high-volume manual tasks have increased exponentially, resulting in bottlenecks.
Enter RPA. Not to be confused with artificial intelligence, which seeks to simulate human intelligence, RPA usually comes in the form of a software robot that is designed to mimic human actions. RPA takes care of common busywork in three steps:
- Training: The RPA program begins by reviewing a task and its instructions.
- Operation: After training, the program either operates via a human giving a trigger to start/stop or on its own without any outside input.
- Orchestration: With multiple programs installed, you can “orchestrate” each of them through a control panel, allowing easy access to launch, stop, and monitor their performance.
RPA has been used extensively across banking and insurance for years, so why did it take so long for it to become mainstream? In short, RPA integration can come with a high price tag—a complex IT setup isn’t cheap. This created an adoption barrier for many, but that changed later in the 2010s when automation-as-a-service models and package solutions from specialized vendors increased accessibility.
AUTOMATION AT ITS BEST!
“Roboworx has helped me considerably reduce my daily workload by up to 20% by automating smaller tasks, allowing me to concentrate on things that need my attention more.”
– Senior Systems Engineer at a leading multinational information technology company
Power Your Customer Experience with Chatbots
Another technology that firms continue to invest in is chatbots. With rapidly changing customer landscapes due to the global pandemic and industry factors, streamlined digital experiences have become paramount. In fact, Insider Intelligence reported that almost 40% of individuals prefer communicating with chatbots to virtual agents—likely due to minimal wait time and quick resolutions they provide.
Evolving past the simple conversation support of their early predecessors, today’s chatbots are driven by machine learning and natural language processing (NLP), allowing them to handle more complex tasks than ever before.
Chatbots usually come in two main types:
- Rule-Based Chatbots: A simple, single-purpose bot focused on performing/automating one task, whether that be answering common questions (shipping fees, hours of operation) or helping with the checkout process.
- Self-Learning Chatbots: More commonly known as virtual assistants, these bots utilize NLP and access to databases to deliver more dynamic conversations and solutions, much like a human would, based on nuances in text and voice.
Think of bots as full-time employees that are on the clock 24/7, offering customers a personalized experience, help with purchases and order statuses, and more. Advanced chatbots, like the ones eClerx provides, can even help up-sell products and offer training to new hires.
When it comes to customer support experiences, the growth in bot solutions has delivered extensive value. In fact, around 67% of support-related conversations online in 2021 involve a chatbot in some capacity, with between 80 to 90% of those customers finding the answers provided to be satisfactory.
Tying it all together
As recent years have shown, the future is often unpredictable. The silver lining is that solutions like RPA and chatbots offer the chance to expand digital capabilities and prepare for incoming challenges. The future looks even brighter for these bot services too, as advances in AI, ML, NLP, and more will provide even better ways to provide even better service.
And with expertise and solutions built to your needs, eClerx is here to support you. Contact us today to discover how we can help guide your digital transformation with bots or AI and ML technology.