What are cookies?
An HTTP cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on your computer by your web browser while you’re browsing. They store and occasionally track information about your use of a website. A number of cookies used by eClerx last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used for a longer period of time, for example, where eClerx is required to remember your login details for your next visit to our website.
Cookies allow eClerx to monitor and analyse usage of our website, allowing us to improve the quality of our web pages, enhance the experience of your visit and to better serve you.The cookies used on the eClerx website are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories. Please see below for an explanation of the cookies used on the eClerx site.
The following list (not exhaustive) of cookies used on our website have been identified as Functionality Cookies:
Used by ‘Share this’ Plugin
Used to track visitors (Visual Visitor, Google Analytics)
Used to track user activity on site (Visual Visitor, Eloqua, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Tag Manager)
Used to find whether user wants to accept cookies
- Targeting/Interest based and Sharing Cookies: These cookies collect certain information about a user’s browsing habits and customize their browsing experience on the website. These types of cookies may be placed by eClerx or by third party advertising networks.
- The Targeting/interest based and Sharing Cookies used on the eClerx website remembers a user’s visit and shares this information with other organizations such as advertisers. These organizations then provide you with more targeted adverts relevant to you and your interests. Often these cookies are linked to website functionality provided by other organizations
- Cookies of this nature are used on the website only to collect information by reference to the IP address that you are using These cookies may also provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts which may be of interest to you. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/.
Strictly Necessary Cookies:
- Allows you to use essential features of the website and is necessary for the proper functioning of the website.
- The website requires the use of Strictly Necessary Cookies for the proper functioning of the website, to facilitate ease of movement and use its features. eClerx’s Strictly Necessary Cookies can also identify when you are logged into the website and ensures that you are able to connect to secure areas. If you choose not to accept these cookies, you will be unable to use the website and portion of web pages may not function properly.
- Performance Cookies: Collects information about your website use, so that we can improve the quality of our website and services. eClerx has not identified any cookies used on the website classified as performance cookies
- Functionality Cookies:Provide improved website functionality by allowing eClerx to remember choices you have made or to enhance your future visits
Functionality cookies provides improved website functionality, allow eClerx to remember your username and password for subsequent visits and identify you by a unique user identifier as a returning user.
These cookies may share information with partners to provide services on our website. The information shared is only to be used to provide service, product or function, and for no other purpose.
Managing your cookie preferences
Some of the cookies used by the website are served by us while others are served by third parties delivering services on our behalf.
You can refuse to set cookies by changing your browser settings. More information about cookies and how to block cookies is available from www.allaboutcookies.org.
In addition to cookies, Tracking Gifs may be set by eClerx or third parties in respect to your use of the website. Tracking Gifs are small image files within the content of the website or the body of eClerx marketing e-mails or newsletters that enables eClerx or third parties to understand portions and pages of the website visited or whether particular content garners interest.
eClerx is continually striving to develop improved ways of managing your cookie preferences. As new technologies and solutions emerge, our cookies policy may be updated to reflect any such advances in technology and management tools preference.